The partners in the network offer multiple educational opportunities related to river basin management - in particular at MSc and PhD level.
Basic knowledge is provided through lectures and training material– often supported by e-learning, educational movies or recorded lectures. The training is accompanied by case studies and exercises. Case studies are based on current activities of partners worldwide and are documented as river basin inventories to expose students to real world problems and data.
For all master students at ITT the Module “Watershed Management” is offered as an elective. In particular the MSc “Integrated Water Resources Management” offers further content with relevance to River basins like Hydrology, Water Supply and Sanitation, Water Scarcity and Drought, Flood Risk Management, Environmental Monitoring.
Other master courses with relevance to River Basin Management include:
- Indonesia, UGM, Master program of planning and management of coastal areas and watersheds
- Vietnam, VAWR, Technology and Resources Management
With up to date learning and teaching methods, we support the concept of lifelong learning and offer different training formats of one or several weeks to the following target group:
- Students and scientists interested in river basin research dealing with hydrology and water resources management
- Professionals from different disciplines related to water resources and river basin management
- Decision makers and stakeholders from regional or national authorities