Research related to river basin assessment and management comprises a variety of disciplines in natural and social sciences and needs to be collaborative and open for interdisciplinary exchange.
Basin-info.net presents research approaches and concepts applied in river basins to cope with the following challenges:
- Support cross-sectoral collaboration in river basins (Nexus and IWRM)
- Management of hydro-meteorological extremes as droughts and floods
- Improve resources use efficiency
- Maintaining ecosystem functions and service
- Coping with point and diffuse pollution
Research activities are strongly connected to postgraduate capacity building and MSc and PhD education units offered to professionals, scientist and stakeholders interested in the different aspects related to river basin management.